All About Dental Veneers in Birmingham MI
Dental Veneers in Birmingham MI do not just have cosmetic benefits but also help in protecting the teeth with damaged surfaces and provide much more durability thus eliminating the needs for more expensive treatment. Dental veneers match the natural teeth color and are therefore popular treatment options for dull and lack luster teeth. Veneers also correct unaligned or crooked teeth with chips and cracks. Your dentist will evaluate your teeth if veneers are the right option for you or if the first step should be whitening as it is much less invasive than veneers.
Ask your dentist about benefits and types of cosmetic veneers in Birmingham MI
Veneers are effective in solving the following issues:
- Worn enamel: Consuming sugared drinks, beverages that stain the teeth or the normal wear and tear of the enamel gives a dull appearance.
- With age the teeth develops many cracks and gaps that are filled with food particles or debris
- Genetics plays an important role as well; sometimes you are born with uneven or crooked teeth.
- Uneven teeth due to constant grinding
There are two common materials used to create Dental Veneers in Birmingham MI. Porcelain is used for the indirect method where the veneers are created outside of your mouth and composite resin material is used for direct method where veneers are made layer after layer by the dentist in the mouth.
The Cost of Dental Veneers in Birmingham MI
There are several factors that affect the cost of the veneers in Birmingham MI:
- Procedure fees for the dental office and the dentist
- The complexity of the veneers that need to be made for you
- Materials used for the veneers play a very significant role
- The location of the treatment center and your dental insurance
On average porcelain veneers cost much more than veneers made of composite material.
Procedure for Dental Veneers in Birmingham MI
The initial visits to the office are more diagnostic in nature. Your dentist needs to evaluate your condition and formulate a treatment plan. Your dentist will need to identify any oral concerns that need to be addressed prior to the veneers treatment. You will also work with your dentist to select the shade that matches with the natural teeth color. You can also see the before and after pictures of the expected results with the imaging technology.
For the actual placement of veneers, you will be given a local anesthetic. You can also choose sedation dentistry if it helps you relax. The natural tooth is prepared first to provide a good fit. Porcelain veneers in Birmingham MI require the dentist to make an impression of your teeth for professional fabrication of the veneers. For direct composite resin veneers, your dentist will layer and shape and then harden the composite resin in your mouth. For more information visit DiPilla Robert, DDS.